Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Eggnog French Toast

The colder it gets, the more I bake. I know it may sound impossible, but if I could bake everyday, I would and I do most days. Everyone migrates to the kitchen, the southern light comes pouring in, it's warm, cheerful and inviting. I baked a couple loaves of my English Muffin Bread this week and wanted to try making French Toast with it. French Toast tastes great using stale bread. But fresh bread is still very nice. English Muffin Bread is a hearty, thick dense bread full of nooks and crannies and has a great flavor.  I used a rich delcious eggnog from our Health Food Store. This week, we have been having so much fun wrapping gifts, singing Christmas Carols and drinking egg nog, I had to try dipping English Muffin Bread in the Eggnog Mixture. I think you will love it too! Perfect for Christmas Morning! Nettie

FRENCH TOAST 

Ingredients

Whisk together in a shallow bowl:

1/3 cup milk or half and half
1/3 cup eggnog
4 eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
One at a time, soak both sides of bread, then place in a hot well-buttered skillet.Cook on each side 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot sprinkled with Confectioners sugar or maple syrup, or jam. 
Recipe adapted from The Joy of Cooking
Number of Servings: 8
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenn Erickson said...

Mmmm...what a perfect and perfectly delicious holiday breakfast!

Jenn

Moore or Less Cooking said...

Thank you Jenn! Hope you get a chance to try it! Merry Christmas! Nettie