Saturday, December 8, 2012

Carrot Cake

This was the cake that I was supposed to have for my birthday. If you know me, you know that I am totally addicted to carrot cake, it is my favorite cake, the more carrots and nuts the better. This has been my favorite since I was a girl. Going through all of the recipes on the Internet, I made my favorite recipe from my Mom and Baby Wayne. This was the cake that we would make for parties and birthdays. When it was baking, all the memories of those parties started flooding back, my Mom and I with all the guys from the Floral Market. Since I told my daughter that I was going to make this cake and then made my Gingerbread Cake. She hadn't forgotten, and asked if I could make it when I got a chance. Since Amy's Annual Wreath Making Party was coming up, I thought this would be perfect for the party. Everyone loves Carrot cake.
 
Carrot Cake

Ingredients

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
4 unbeaten eggs
3 cups grated carrots

Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease tube pan or two cake pans.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, sift these ingredients. Set aside.
In another bowl, cream oil, sugar and eggs. Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Add carrots. Pour batter into tube pan or two cake pans. Bake for 45 minutes in tube pan or 30 minutes in cake pans or until toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes on cooling rack. Invert cake on to plate, let cool completely before frosting. 

Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients

1 stick butter- softened
8 oz cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans ( optional)

Method

With a mixer or Kitchen Aid, blend butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. On low speed, add 1 cup of sugar, mix until blended, add another cup of sugar. Frost cakes. Sprinkle nuts on top of frosting.  
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That look so good Nettie, and the presentation is lovely! I do love a good carrot cake!

Moore or Less Cooking said...

Thank you Lisa, hope you get a chance to try this recipe, you will be so happy that you did. Nettie

Anonymous said...

When do you add the carrots?

Moore or Less Cooking said...

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for asking, it looks like I forgot to write that part! This is why I need an editor!After you add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, add carrots, mix then pour into cake pan.