Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sausage and Peppers Roll

Being a food blogger, I look at recipes all day and make a mental note to try the recipe. I read through the ingredient list and then go on my merry way. That is what I did with this recipe from Walking On Sunshine. After going to the market and starting to make this recipe, I noticed that I had forgotten three key ingredients, but that is the great thing about making this Sausage and Pepper Roll, you can use whatever ingredients you have on hand, you can do a meat and veggie and cheese combo or a veggie and cheese combo or a just plain cheese roll. I chose Hot Italian Sausage, jack cheese, Parmesano Reggiano Cheese, Onions, Green Peppers combination. This was a dish that I will make again, next time I will do a veggie combo with cheese.
This recipe makes a very large roll in a bundt pan. About 14-16 slices.
 
 
 In a skillet, break up and mash Hot Italian Sausage with a fork, brown on medium heat. Drain fat after browned. Set aside in a bowl.
 In the same skillet, brown 1 chopped onion and 1 green pepper in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
 Roll out pizza dough.
 Shred Jack and Parmesan Reggiano cheeses to make one cup.
 Add browned sausage on top of rolled out pizza dough, on top of the meat, add browned onions and peppers, add cheese on top of veggies. Roll up all ingredients length wise. Bring ends together. Carefully place in an oiled bundt pan. Let rise for 30 minutes.
 Roll up the sausage and pepper roll carefully.
 Bring ends together. Place in an oiled Bundt Pan.
 Looks perfect. Let cool for 2 minutes before taking out of Bundt Pan. Let cool for 1 minute before slicing. Perfect with a side salad and a glass of Chianti! Ciao Nettie
Sausage and Peppers Roll
Ingredients:
1 Package of Hot Italian Sausage
1 Onion chopped
! green pepper chopped
1 cup grated Jack and Parmigiano Reggiano Cheeses
1 package pizza dough
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Directions:
  1. In a skillet, brown sausage removed from casing. mash with a fork. Drain fat after meat is browned. Set aside in a bowl.
  2. Brown onions and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside after browned.
  3. Roll out pizza dough to make a large rectangle shape.
  4. Place sausage on pizza dough, place veggies on meat, place cheese on top of veggies.
  5. Roll the pizza dough, being careful not to tear dough.
  6. Brush Olive oil inside of Bundt pan.
  7. Carefully place roll in Bundt pan.
  8. Let rise for 1/2 hour, covered with a towel.
  9. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown all over.
  10. Let set for 2 minutes before removing from pan. After flipping out of pan, let cool for a minute before slicing.
This recipe is inspired from Walking On Sunshine Food Blog.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

BundlesofBlossoms said...

This looks so delish, Nettie! I wish I could get all of my peeps to eat green peppers. I love them, but they don't,(boo) but I'm wondering if I made this dish if they'd aquire a taste for it. Yum! Yum! Yum!

Moore or Less Cooking said...

Thank you Bundles Of Blossoms! Leave out the peppers and add pepperoni! Nettie

BundlesofBlossoms said...

You're so smart! Now, why didn't I think of that? I am so totally making this. It's bound to be a huge success in this home! Thanks for the awesome recipe, doll!

Moore or Less Cooking said...

You are so welcome, I can't wait to hear how it came out! Nettie

Anonymous said...

I found this on Pinterest and my husband & I have tried this several ways! We love the original Sausage filling, but our new favorite has been chicken, spinach, artichoke filling. Such a great recipe that you can mix up & cook every week! Thanks!

Moore or Less Cooking said...

That sounds really good, have to try yours too! Nettie

Anonymous said...

Had this last night and it was fabulous! I used Jack and Mozzarella cheese. Yummy!!!!!

Unknown said...

Nettie,
I tried this recipe last week and it was soooooooo delicious I am coking it again tonight !!!
Thank You For An Awesome Recipe!