Friday, October 19, 2012

PUMPKIN BLACK AND WHITE COOKIE < Sunday's With Joy >

 
We are having a magnificent fall, the weather has been cool at night and beautiful and sunny in the day. The colors of the leaves are at their peak, with vibrant oranges, yellows and reds. I just want to sit and admire the trees as I am hurried running errands. But today, I took a leisurely walk and enjoyed the smells of fall. The tide was low and calm and the trees looked perfect reflecting on the water's movement.

Neighbors are already decorating for Halloween. We decorate the day of Halloween to surprise our kids. That's my excuse, we aren't as organized as our neighbors. Pumpkins are abundant. Pumpkins, pumpkins, everywhere. Pumpkin pies, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin cocktails, pumpkin soup, I see it on Facebook, Pinterest and  Twitter.

Today, I made Pumpkin Black And White Cookies. I have never tried a Black And White Cookie, I have seen them before in the New York City bakeries, they are the size of my hand. But today I baked Joy The Baker's Recipe of Pumpkin Black and White Cookies. This is a soft cookie, with a wonderful chocolate and cinnamon glaze, hence the black and white. To get the recipe click HERE .

No comments: